Purina Wet Dog Food 10-oz. Tub Voluntary Recall
Purina has discovered through through their own internal quality tests that some of their 10-oz. wet dog food tubs may not contain the recommended level of added vitamins and minerals and voluntarily recalled the product at retail.
This includes select wet dog food 10-oz. tubs under the Beneful Prepared Meals, Beneful Chopped Blends and Pro Plan Savory Meals brands. See a full list of included products by “Best Before” date and production code ranges.
Questions and Answers
1. What products are included in this voluntary recall?
The voluntary recall only includes the following brands with both a “Best Before” date range of June 2017 to August 2017 and production code range starting with the first four digits of 5363 to 6054. See a full list of products here.
- Beneful Prepared Meals Wet Dog Food 10-oz. Tubs (all varieties)
- Beneful Chopped Blends Wet Dog Food 10-oz. Tubs (all varieties)
- Pro Plan Savory Meals Wet Dog Food 10-oz. Tubs (limited to five varieties).
No other Purina products or sizes are included.
2. Why did you recall this product?
We discovered through our own internal quality tests that some 10-oz. wet dog food tubs may not contain the recommended level of added vitamins and minerals, so we took action and issued a voluntary recall of the product at retail.
3. How do I know if my product is included in this voluntary recall?
Dog owners should check both the "Best Before" date and production code on the bottom of each 10-oz. tub and contact Purina at 1-800-877-7919 for a refund if they have an affected tub or may have purchased the affected product(s) (see listhere).
4. What should I do if I have the recalled product?
If you have any of the affected product on-hand, please discontinue feeding the food to your dog and discard it. If you have a 10-oz tub that is not listed as part of the recall, you can and should continue feeding it to your dog. We’ll be happy to give you a refund.
5. What if I fed the recalled product to my dog?
We’re conducting this voluntary recall as a precaution for those dogs who may have eaten the affected product as their only meal for more than several weeks. Anytime you have questions about your pet’s health, contact your veterinarian.
6. Are any other Purina products are affected?
No other Purina products or sizes are affected.
7. Where were the recalled products produced?
The affected items were produced in only one Purina facility on one production line in St. Joseph, Missouri, and were sold in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
8. When can I buy these products again?
We’re working to get these products back on store shelves as soon as we possibly can.
DogFoodRecall #PurinaRecall #BenefulRecall #ProPlanRecall